The dental implant and prosthetic market is projected to reach $6.4 billion this year. With a growing number of Americans growing uncomfortable with the look of their teeth, it’s easy to see why. From cavities, to replacing missing teeth to removing wisdom teeth to braces, the dental care industry will be kept busy in the future as Americans use different methods of dental care to restore their smile.
One of the most popular ways to fixing dental problems is using braces. According to the American Association of Orthodontists, some four million Americans are wearing braces today.
In general, there are plenty of benefits to wearing braces:
- They help promote gum health
- They help promote whiter teeth
- They help prevent tooth decay
- They help improve speech, especially among people with speech impediments
- They help improve digestion
But for all the benefits of wearing braces, there are some cons of wearing them as well. They are often uncomfortable, often unsightly and can be an inconvenience for the length of time a person has to wear them. While they can help to prevent tooth decay, there’s also a risk of tooth decay the longer a person is wearing them since they can interfere with usual dental hygiene habits.
Clear braces like Invisalign are a good option when it comes to braces for kids. Clear braces are comfortable, clear braces are more discreet and clear braces work just like traditional braces, so kids can feel less self-conscious about wearing them. Just like traditional braces, clear braces and invisible braces work as intended, helping to straighten crooked teeth and fix issues associated with biting.
In addition to clear braces, Fast Braces offer another braces alternative. Fast Braces technology speeds up teeth alignment with a specialized design. Wearing traditional braces can require at least two years of use as well as the use of a retainer after that. With Fast Braces, teeth can be straightened in about six months or a year.
If you’re wondering, what sets Fast Braces apart from regular braces? Well there are several things:
- The design of Fast Braces allows them to move the roots and crowns of teeth simultaneously. Comparatively, regular braces move crowns first and the roots follow.
- Fast Braces are designed with triangular brackets, compared to the square brackets of traditional braces. The triangular design allows roots and crowns to be moved at the same time, which results in faster alignment of teeth.
- Using Fast Braces also means there’s less use of retainers. As previously mentioned, regular braces require constant use of retainers. Fast Braces, however, require a person to wear a retainer for just 20 minutes a day. Think of how convenient that is; to be able to wear a retainer while you’re taking a shower or while you’re watching TV before bed rather than having to wear it all day, every day.
Other benefits of Fast Braces and Fast Braces technology include:
- Comfort: It’s been said that traditional braces can be uncomfortable. Fortunately, Fast Braces are lighter, more flexible and generally more comfortable to wear. Since Fast Braces move the root and crown at the same time, there’s less friction and pain. Ultimately, Fast Braces are designed to cut down on the need for extracting teeth, which is very uncomfortable and it will also cut down long term on the need for orthodontic treatment.
- Clean teeth: It’s already been said that wearing braces for an extended period of time can harm everyday dental hygiene habits. If you’re eating while wearing braces, it can be hard to clean food particles from the brackets and wires.
Wearing Fast Braces allows people wearing braces to access their mouths in a much faster period of time. With fast access, you can clean your teeth and gums to prevent decay, cavities and other issues. Fast Braces are smaller than traditional braces too, so cleaning teeth becomes much, much easier.
As beneficial as braces can be, traditional braces are uncomfortable and unsightly, which can further the negative stigma often associated with braces. Fast Braces and clear braces are more comforting, speeds up the process of straightening teeth and give patients easier access to their teeth, which helps them keep them clean and prevent major teeth issues.