Talk To Your Dentist About If Invisalign Can Benefit You
Invisalign is a form of orthodontic treatment that uses clear aligners to correct crooked teeth. These clear image aligners are custom-made and a series of them are used to gradually correct your teeth. Invisalign is popular with adults who want to have their teeth corrected without having to use the more visible metal braces.
Before deciding, you should know the pros and cons of clear aligners. The main benefit is that they’re invisible and therefore perfect for self-conscious adults and teens. There are no food restrictions as compared to metal braces. You remove the aligners for eating and brushing your teeth. Unlike braces, they’re easier to clean and maintain.
Invisalign may not work in complex cases. Braces work better for severely misaligned teeth. Depending on the nature of the treatment, Invisalign can be more costly than metal braces. You must also wear them for up to 22 hours a day, so remember to put them on after your meals.
If you need dental treatment, check online for ‘teeth straightening and whitening near me’ and ‘aligners pros and cons’ to get more information about Invisalign. Your dentist will advise on the best form of treatment, and you’ll soon have that beautiful smile.
Invisalign is a dental straightening treatment that uses clear aligners. These aligners are ideal for people who are self-conscious about their smile or want to avoid braces altogether. If you are considering aligning your teeth at home, there are some things you should know before you make the decision. Talk to your dentist about whether Invisalign can benefit you, and if so, the cost and factors that influence the success of the treatment. Your dentist will examine your mouth and determine whether this treatment is appropriate based on factors such as age, dental history, and lifestyle.
With Invisalign, you wear invisible braces that fit over your teeth. They will slowly align your teeth while wearing them so that they line up perfectly once you remove them. The treatment depends on how far your teeth are out of alignment and how much they can help align them.
Invisalign gives you a more natural smile because your aligners are clear and make it easier to talk, chew, eat, drink, and smile confidently. You can wear Invisalign anywhere at work, in an office, or on the field during sports. Invisalign is also comfortable to wear, but you take them off when eating or drinking.
A malocclusion is the official term for a condition in which your teeth simply do not fit together as they should. Dental braces and Invisalign aligners for crooked teeth have proven useful in treating malocclusions. In some cases, however, alternative for braces dental techniques, including surgery, may be needed to create teeth that are straight and properly spaced.
Malocclusions often run in the family, resulting merely from the shape of a person’s mouth and jaw area. They may also stem from injuries or other physical conditions, including tumors, or from bad childhood traits, especially thumb-sucking. A malocclusion may come in the form of an overbite, in which the top teeth overlap the bottom beyond what is considered normal. An underbite is the opposite condition, with the bottom teeth extending out too far. Symptoms of a malocclusion can range from the constant biting of the tongue or inside cheek area to changes in a person’s facial appearance.
Identifying the condition and treatment at an early age is the best way to deal with a malocclusion. However, the Invisalign align teeth straightening method and alignment teeth braces of the conventional variety have even become popular among adults.
If you are one of the 3 percent of people who say that they are “concerned by the look of their teeth”, it may be time to have a serious talk with your dentist about your options. If one of your main issues is crooked or uneven teeth, invisalign may be an option to consider.
The 4 Main Benefits of Invisalign Straightening
- Invisibility As the name suggests invisalign straighteners are completely invisible to the naked eye. This can save you from the self conscious look of traditional braces, and while there is nothing wrong with metal braces, many people do feel embarrassment from wearing them. Invisalign works to straighten your teeth, while no one else is the wiser.
- Food RestrictionsUnlike with traditional braces, invisalign has no restrictions on what you can eat or drink while wearing them. All you have to do is pop them out and put them back in when you’re done!
- Easy to Care For With invisalign all you have to do to clean them is pop them out, giving them a brushing, and pop them back in. (After brushing your actual teeth.) They are less likely to cause any damage or cause cavities with this easy cleaning regimen. Additionally, there are no concerns of cutting or scraping your gums with invisalign, meaning it is a much more pain free option over all.
- Play Sports or Instruments Easily If you love playing sports there is no worry of damage from braces. If you are playing a contact sport and you don’t want to worry, just pop them out! Likewise, they won’t get in the way while trying to play brass or woodwind instruments!
If you or you child wants to fix crooked or misplaced teeth, this may be the best option for you. Check for invisalign providers in your area, or talk with your dentist about options. Your main dental care provider may already provide the service, or they will certainly recommend dentists that do.
Health Benefits of Straight Teeth
If you are still unsure whether you want to go through with teeth straightening, consider the health benefits that go along with having straight teeth.
- Healthier Mouth If you have gum irritation or swelling, it could be caused by overcrowding or teeth that are too widely spaced apart. This can also be a sign of periodontal disease, which can be highly detrimental to your overall health. When teeth are aligned and it helps your gums fit together to securely to insure that no foreign particles can penetrate and cause decay or irritation. Invisalign helps protect against this while it gently and gradually moves teeth to where they should be.
- Easier Cleaning With straight teeth cleaning is easier and more effective, because there are less gaps and tight spaces where food can get trapped in. As stated above, wearing invisalign can help mitigate this issue, where the teeth are being straightened.
- General Health Your oral health factors into your overall health, and periodontal disease can go on to lead to heart disease, among other complications. Having straight teeth can help reduce the chance for gum disease and tooth decay, which can lead to a better smile, and better health over all.
Crooked or misaligned teeth are more than just an aesthetic issue, it can be a difference in your health, and if left uncorrected can contribute to a whole host of problems that can only get worse over time. At your next visit ask your dentist if invisalign would be an option for you. If they aren’t an invisalign provider, they will be happy to direct you to a dentist that does provide the service. Having health, straight, and well care for teeth is definitely something to smile about.