A smile says a lot about a person. In fact, over 99% of people in America view a smile as a social tool. Smiles convey positive emotion, friendliness, and a value on personal appearance and hygiene. In order to feel confident in the appearance and health of their teeth, it is crucial to find a good dentist.
The best dentist will not only ensure that your oral hygiene is solid, but will also help to make you feel comfortable and confident with your appearance. It has been found that 18% of individuals often choose to conceal their teeth in photos. With the help of an affordable dentist, that problem can often be remedied through increased oral hygiene practices, cosmetic dentistry procedures or restorative dentistry.
Quick Facts About Cosmetic Dentistry:
In a society in which the ideal “pearly whites” standard for teeth is synonymous with proper hygiene and attractiveness, many people are determined to take care of their teeth in order to feel more confident about their smile and themselves. Cosmetic dentistry becomes an appealing option to help resolve these problems of insecurity.
1. Teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry practices. In fact, research shows that roughly $1.4 billion is spent on teeth whitening products every year.
2. Across the nation, approximately 88% of all orthodontists had patients that requested a professional teeth whitening dentist. In addition, 76.2% of orthodontists have recently recommended teeth whitening products to patients — this may reassure those concerned with any potential risks of teeth whitening; professionals view it as a safe, effective treatment and are more than happy to administer it to clients.
3. Other popular cosmetic dentistry procedures include but are not limited to porcelain veneers, tooth bonding and Invisalign. These services are generally available at most dentistry offices; ask your local dentist about what cosmetic dentistry services are available to you and what the cost is.
Quick Facts About Restorative Dentistry:
1. While restorative dentistry is primarily utilized for health reasons, these services can also help to improve the overall appearance of a patient’s smile.
2. Root canal therapy, tooth replacement, fillings and crowns are some of the most common restorative dentistry practices.
3. For patients anxious to undergo restorative dentistry procedures because of their reputation as painful, never fear. Most dentists offer sedation for nervous clients, ranging from nitrous oxide gas or intravenous sedation. Talk to your dentist about any concerns you may have and what they can do to make your experience comfortable.
In 2010, an estimated $108 billion was spent in the United States on professional dental services. To find a good dentist is to find an individual who can help make you look and feel your best. That’s well worth any monetary investment. Utilize search engines to find a good dentist, or ask your friends and family for recommendations.
Read more articles like this.