If you are one of the 3 percent of people who say that they are “concerned by the look of their teeth”, it may be time to have a serious talk with your dentist about your options. If one of your main issues is crooked or uneven teeth, invisalign may be an option to consider.
The 4 Main Benefits of Invisalign Straightening
- Invisibility As the name suggests invisalign straighteners are completely invisible to the naked eye. This can save you from the self conscious look of traditional braces, and while there is nothing wrong with metal braces, many people do feel embarrassment from wearing them. Invisalign works to straighten your teeth, while no one else is the wiser.
- Food RestrictionsUnlike with traditional braces, invisalign has no restrictions on what you can eat or drink while wearing them. All you have to do is pop them out and put them back in when you’re done!
- Easy to Care For With invisalign all you have to do to clean them is pop them out, giving them a brushing, and pop them back in. (After brushing your actual teeth.) They are less likely to cause any damage or cause cavities with this easy cleaning regimen. Additionally, there are no concerns of cutting or scraping your gums with invisalign, meaning it is a much more pain free option over all.
- Play Sports or Instruments Easily If you love playing sports there is no worry of damage from braces. If you are playing a contact sport and you don’t want to worry, just pop them out! Likewise, they won’t get in the way while trying to play brass or woodwind instruments!
If you or you child wants to fix crooked or misplaced teeth, this may be the best option for you. Check for invisalign providers in your area, or talk with your dentist about options. Your main dental care provider may already provide the service, or they will certainly recommend dentists that do.
Health Benefits of Straight Teeth
If you are still unsure whether you want to go through with teeth straightening, consider the health benefits that go along with having straight teeth.
- Healthier Mouth If you have gum irritation or swelling, it could be caused by overcrowding or teeth that are too widely spaced apart. This can also be a sign of periodontal disease, which can be highly detrimental to your overall health. When teeth are aligned and it helps your gums fit together to securely to insure that no foreign particles can penetrate and cause decay or irritation. Invisalign helps protect against this while it gently and gradually moves teeth to where they should be.
- Easier Cleaning With straight teeth cleaning is easier and more effective, because there are less gaps and tight spaces where food can get trapped in. As stated above, wearing invisalign can help mitigate this issue, where the teeth are being straightened.
- General Health Your oral health factors into your overall health, and periodontal disease can go on to lead to heart disease, among other complications. Having straight teeth can help reduce the chance for gum disease and tooth decay, which can lead to a better smile, and better health over all.
Crooked or misaligned teeth are more than just an aesthetic issue, it can be a difference in your health, and if left uncorrected can contribute to a whole host of problems that can only get worse over time. At your next visit ask your dentist if invisalign would be an option for you. If they aren’t an invisalign provider, they will be happy to direct you to a dentist that does provide the service. Having health, straight, and well care for teeth is definitely something to smile about.