Dental offices offer a number of important services. From regular cleanings to cosmetic improvements, you are also able to make sure that you have the best smile possible. From family dentistry offices to pediatric dental clinics, there are a number of places you can go to when you are need of the best care. Your children, your spouse, and you are all in need of services that are offered by dental offices across the country.
The best dental care can help patients of all age find a way to make sure that they are looking their best. From high school graduation pictures to the smile that you offer when you go for an interview for your first job, there are few things that make a better first impression than a great smile.
When Was the Last Time You Went to the Dentist?
Unfortunately, fewer than 60% of people with gum disease even know they have it because the early symptoms are easy to miss. If, however, you get the regular dental check ups every six months that are recommended you can make sure that you are finding out all of the dental problems that you need to address.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many reasons that it is important to visit your family’s dental office as recommended:
- 27% of adults in the U.S. have untreated tooth decay.
- Particularly prevalent in people older than 55 years who smoke and are heavy drinkers, oral cancers are most common in older adults.
- 84.6% of children between the ages of 2 and 17 years have visited a dental office.
- In comparions, 64.4% of adults between the ages of 18 and 64 have visited a dental office in the past year.
- 31.6% of adults between the ages of 20 and 44 years old have untreated dental caries.
- 18.6% of children between the ages of five and 19 years old have untreated dental caries.
As the end of the school year approaches, it is time for parents of children of all ages to make summer dental appointments. With regularly scheduled visits, you are able to stay on top of your oral health and plan for the best smile for years to come.