Dental health is a key component of your body’s overall health, yet poor dental health still an issue that plagues many Canadians. While about 85.7% of Canadians visit the dentist at least once every two years, almost 60% of Canadians aged 12 to 19 are at some point affected by dental carries. In addition, about 2.26 million school days are lost each year due to dental illness in Canada.
If the appearance of your teeth has been affected by dental illness, it’s still possible to repair your smile and feel more confident than ever with the help of cosmetic dentistry. Knowing how to find a cosmetic dentist can be the first step toward a brighter, more confident smile.
Here are the top five facts you should know about dental implants:
1. Dental implants are a permanent way to conceal one or more missing teeth. Approximately 6% of Canadians are missing all of their natural teeth. By implanting a false tooth into the jawbone, you’ll have a realistic tooth that won’t slip out on accident.
2. Dental implants have a very high success rate — 95% of procedures are successful! This makes it one of the best options for replacing missing teeth.
3. Dental implants are suitable for adults of any age. In fact, no matter your age or dental condition, there is likely a dental implant specialist who can help you.
4. Dental implants are affordable. Cosmetic dentists often offer a number of different dental implant financing plans, making them a great option for any budget!
5. Dental implants have a quick recovery period. When successful, it takes about four to six weeks to recover from a dental implant procedure.
Did you know that about 12% of Canadians reported ongoing dental pain throughout the last year? Healthy teeth are happy teeth, and a cosmetic dentist can help you achieve both. Once you know how to find a cosmetic dentist, your journey toward a healthier, better-looking smile can begin. There’s no reason to wait — find out how to find a cosmetic dentist today!